As a Data Engineer you perform hands-on coding and mentor and lead the team in development processes and code standards. Secondly, you collaborate and interact with the existing development team as well as stakeholders, other team members, architects, as and line managers to design and define the competencies, processes and
technology needed to meet business requirements and architectural strategy. As a person you are curious to learn and evolve your skill set in accordance with the state of the art pace in the domain that you work in. You have realised that modern software production resembles industrial production in the sense that it requires a scalable approach to QA and deployment, and you are also humble for the fact that creating and maintaining great solutions at scale is a team effort and not an initiative of a few superheroes.
We are happy to see that you want to develop in the long term in our team where we can give you good development opportunities and a chance to influence PostNord`s IT future!
- You have 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, data engineering
- Clear understanding of core cloud concepts
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines and data lakes/warehouses – in a cloud environment preferably Azure
- Experience in Azure ADF and building metadata-driven Data Pipeline
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure covering - designing, building, testing, and maintaining cloud applications and related services
- Strong understanding of core concepts - Azure data storage, Azure compute, data connections, APIs, and Security on cloud
- Hands-on experience working with Azure Data bricks, ARM templates, Azure Functions
- Well aware of Azure DevOps and Generic CI/CD process
Experience in Python
- Knowledge and exposure to structured and unstructured data, file formats, storage, etc.
- Familiarity with database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Experience in AGILE project methodology and practice.
- Communicates in English both written and speech
We accept applications from all of EU but would require a remote colleague to be willing to visit on site on a regular basis.
We offer you a flexible hybrid workplace with a prestige-free environment where we as a team help each other to reach our goals. We encourage self-sufficient leadership for development and career opportunities. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, we offer:
- Work in a Nordic and flexible environment.
- Good insurance and occupational pension conditions
- Wellness allowance & access to office gym and swimming pool
- Employee benefits through PostNord's own employee foundation PostNord Plus
- Employment according to a collective agreement.