what personal data do we collect about you?
In the context of a current or potential business relationship between Randstad and a current or potential client or supplier, we collect and process personal data on contact persons at the current or potential client and suppliers. The personal data we process are contact details, such as name, phone number, email address, signature, job title / role, organization number, information about previous placements of hired out person (both employed or from supplier) to client companies on one and the same operating unit and other relevant information about the relationship.
We collect and process personal data:
- That you yourself provide in connection with the business relationship between Randstad and your organization,
- That we collect from you during the time in which you have a client account, such as your name.
- That we collect from other sources, such as third party services that provide us with information regarding in the context of job advertisement.
- That you yourself as a supplier provide to us in connection with the business relationship between Randstad and your organization in an outsourcing assignment. The privacy notice candidate account is also applicable.
why do we need your personal data?
this is what we use the personal data in your account for.
In the context of the services we provide to you, we process your personal data for compliance with laws and regulation, including but not limited to national and international sanctions legislation such as the Anti-Terrorism legislation.
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To facilitate and develop a current or future business relationship with our current or potential clients and suppliers: Necessary for our legitimate interest to facilitate and develop our current and future business relationship with our current or potential clients and suppliers.
- To administer and manage the contractual relationship between Randstad and the clients and suppliers: Necessary for the performance of the contract between Randstad and the client or supplier.
- To provide and administer the services you as a client have requested through the client account: Necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- To perform market analysis, system tests, business and method development: Necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure that the services and our systems meet the candidates', employees' and our clients' needs over time.
- To provide direct marketing and offers from Randstad: Necessary for our legitimate interest to maintain good relations with our current or potential clients and suppliers. You can always oppose to receiving direct marketing and offers from us, see your rights below.
- To process information about previous placements of hired out person to client companies on one and the same operating unit: Necessary for our legitimate interest in assisting with information to hired out person as employee or from supplier if applicable and to client for its legal rights and obligations according to Staffing Act (2012:854).
with whom do we share your personal data.
We may share your personal data with other companies within the Randstad Group and with subcontractors that provide us with services, such as suppliers of operating services and system support. Randstad will continue to be responsible for the processing of your personal data that we perform or subcontractors perform on behalf of Randstad. Subcontractors may not use the personal data for any purposes other than those specified by us. The sharing of personal data within the Randstad Group or to subcontractors occurs in order to fulfil the contract between us, i.e. for us to be able to provide you with the agreed services.
When we share personal data according to the above, the personal data may be transferred to companies within as well as outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). All such transfers are in accordance with applicable legislation, and if personal data is processed outside the EEA, it will be subject to suitable protective measure. Such suitable protective measures include the European Commission's model clauses for such transfers or that the European Commission has decided that the country provides an adequate level of protection.
how long we keep your personal data?
how long do we save your personal data
We process your personal data as long as it is necessary in regards to why the personal data was collected. As a result, different data will be saved for different periods of time. In general, we will delete the contact details after the current or potential business relationship has ended. Personal data relating to contract management are stored under ten (10) years after the contract has ended.
Randstad has adopted the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To ensure that personal data is processed in a secure and confidential manner, we use data networks that are protected against hacking by such means as firewalls and password protection according to industry standards. To ensure that we can safeguard the personal data that you provide to us via the Internet, we may use encryption technology when we transfer such personal data to our servers over the Internet. Randstad employees and suppliers are bound by confidentiality agreements and are obliged to comply with Randstad's rules for information and IT security, internal policies concerning the processing of personal data and other internal regulations and guidelines that further regulate the processing of personal data.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights concerning your personal data.
- Right to access – You have the right to receive certain information concerning the manner in which we process your personal data. Such information is provided through this document. You also have the right to access a copy of your personal data that we process about you.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to have incorrect personal data about you rectified.
- Right to deletion – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. This is commonly known as "the right to be forgotten". However, the right to deletion is conditioned, and a request may be left without action.
- The right to restriction of processing – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted. However, the right to restriction is conditioned, and a request may be left without action.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us (or request the transfer of the personal data directly from us to a new Data Controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data if the process is based on our legitimate interest, if you do not believe that Randstad has a legitimate interest to process the personal data. The right to object also applies to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Please read more about your rights here:
If you want to make use of your rights, please click here to access the request form. After Randstad has received the digital form, Randstad will contact you for identification (e.g. electronic signing).
You also have the right to issue a complaint to the applicable regulatory authority at any time if you believe that Randstad's processing of your personal data is in conflict with applicable data protection legislation.