what personal data do we collect about you?
what personal data we process and how it is collected
When you register your CV with Randstad, and thereby register a candidate account, Randstad will process personal data about you and how you use our services. When you register a Candidate Account, the personal data we process are your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and information in your CV, such as work experience, earlier places of work, personal ID number, certificates, photograph and any additional information you voluntarily provide us with.
You can create a candidate account on our website, or Randstad can create one upon your request following, for example, a telephone conversation between you and Randstad personnel. We collect and process personal data:
- That you yourself provide when creating an account (or provide Randstad with to create an account for you),
- That we collect from you during the time in which you have a candidate account, such as information concerning career ambitions, personal or social qualities, industries you wish to work in, desired work hours, to assist with information for your legal rights according to Staffing Act (2012:854) etc.
- That we collect from other sources, such as information from referees you have provided.
why do we need your personal data?
this is what we use your personal data in your candidate account for
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To provide and manage the services that you requested by creating a candidate account, i.e. to find suitable assignments for you: Necessary to fulfill our contractual undertakings toward you.
- To process additional information from referees: Necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure we find and select the right candidate.
- To manage enquiries that you pose to our support: Necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure that the candidate can communicate with us.
- To conduct a credit check where this is necessary for the job or assignment you have applied for: Necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure that you are the suitable candidate for the job or assignment.
- To perform market analysis, system tests, business and method development: Necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure that the services and our systems meet our candidates' and our clients' needs over time.
- To be able to manage Randstad's obligations towards you or an individual concerned, to deal with cases concerning alleged discrimination: Necessary for our legitimate interest to establish, filing or defending legal claims.
- To provide direct marketing and offers from Randstad: Necessary for our legitimate interest to maintain good relations with our candidates. You can always oppose to receiving direct marketing and offers from us, see your rights below.
- To process information about previous placements as hired out person to client companies on one and the same operating unit: Necessary for our legitimate interest in assisting with information to both candidate (and supplier if applicable) and client for its legal rights and obligations according to Staffing Act (2012:854).
process of additional personal data under assignments/processes
When we provide you with our services, we can process additional personal data about you if this is required by our client and/or legislation. This could include, for example, personality tests, information concerning whether you have completed alcohol or drug tests, background checks and health examinations. You will receive information about the process and in applicable cases give your consent before we collect these personal data.
We will check criminal history that requires special approval by you. We will not process this information in any way, but we may verbally check the result with our client.
In the context of the services we provide to you, we process your personal data for compliance with laws and regulation, including but not limited to national and international sanctions legislation, such as the Anti-Terrorism legislation.
Should you be employed by Randstad, we will inform you about our processing of your personal data that will occur during and in connection with your employment.
with whom do we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with other companies within the Randstad Group and with subcontractors that provide us with services, such as suppliers of operating services and system support. Randstad will continue to be responsible for the processing of your personal data that we perform or subcontractors perform on behalf of Randstad. Subcontractors may not use the personal data for any purposes other than those specified by us. The sharing of personal data within the Randstad Group or to subcontractors occurs in order to fulfil the contract between us, i.e. for us to be able to provide you with the agreed services.
When we share personal data according to the above, the personal data may be transferred to companies within as well as outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). All such transfers are in accordance with applicable legislation, and if personal data is processed outside the EEA, it will be subject to suitable protective measure. Such suitable protective measures include the European Commission's model clauses for such transfers or that the European Commission has decided that the country provides an adequate level of protection.
Your personal data will also be shared with Randstad's clients in the event that this is necessary in order to provide you with our services, i.e. to find you employment or to outsource you to a client. If we provide the client with your personal data, the client itself will be a Data Controller, independent from Randstad, for processing your personal data after receiving these data from us.
how long do we keep your personal data?
We process your personal data as long as this is necessary for the purposes for which we have collected the personal data. As a result, different data will be saved for different periods of time.
Your candidate account, and your other personal data that we process, will be deleted if you have not been active for 36 months (e.g. updated contact information, searched for work or contacted Randstad through other channels). Personal data relating to credit checks are saved for three months. If you have been a final candidate for an assignment, certain general information about you is saved along with references, interview notes and test results for the specific assignment for 5 years after the specific assignment toward our client has been concluded in order for us to fulfil all our obligations. Personal data relating to cases of alleged discrimination are saved according to law and industry standards.
Information about any health examinations, completed alcohol or drug tests and background checks is saved for a shorter period of time. You will receive detailed information about this in connection with the collection of such information.
If you are to be employed as a consultant by Randstad, you will receive information about the deletion or your personal data as an employee prior to your employment.
Randstad has adopted the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To ensure that personal data is processed in a secure and confidential manner, we use data networks that are protected against hacking by such means as firewalls and password protection according to industry standards. To ensure that we can safeguard the personal data that you provide to us via the Internet, we may use encryption technology when we transfer such personal data to our servers over the Internet. Randstad employees and suppliers are bound by confidentiality agreements and are obliged to comply with Randstad's rules for information and IT security, internal policies concerning the processing of personal data and other internal regulations and guidelines that further regulate the processing of personal data.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights concerning your personal data.
- Right to access – You have the right to receive certain information concerning the manner in which we process your personal data. Such information is provided through this document. You also have the right to access a copy of your personal data that we process about you.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to have incorrect personal data about you rectified.
- Right to deletion – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. This is commonly known as "the right to be forgotten". However, the right to deletion is conditioned, and a request may be left without action.
- The right to restriction of processing – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted. However, the right to restriction is conditioned, and a request may be left without action.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us (or request the transfer of the personal data directly from us to a new Data Controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data if the process is based on our legitimate interest, if you do not believe that Randstad has a legitimate interest to process the personal data. The right to object also applies to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Please read more about your rights here:
You also have the right to issue a complaint to the Data Protection Authority at any time if you believe that Randstad’s processing of your personal data is in conflict with applicable data protection legislation.