ADB Safegate leads the world in smart solutions that help airports handle more aircraft, safely and efficiently, from approach to departure. Our products and services include runway and taxiway lighting; to tower-based traffic control systems; to intelligent gate and docking automation.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people with the passion to support our vision and help to change the future of our GATE Business. We are now offering a fascinating position as a Systems Engineer to join our team.
GATE solutions help to position the aircraft safely and efficiently at the gate. GATE solutions base on elaborated sensor technology as well as a comprehensive software suite. As part of our DevOps setup you report to the System Engineering Manager of our Gate Business. The Systems Engineer Aviation - GATE will be focused on the dimensioning and delivery of Gate solutions, together with our customers. As the global market leader for GATE solutions and ADB Safegate being present at hundreds of airports across the globe, including the top 10 busiest airports, this role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on projects with global teams and to gain experience with many different cultures. Depending on the project phase, this opportunity comes with intensive international travel.
You are the technical specialist in our DevOps setup, always one step ahead on market trends, to dimension, deliver and commission the commitments of the company on projects, achieving customer satisfaction and building high-quality relationships with our customers. In your role you’ll ensure the IT Solutions delivered are cutover into live operations with minimum disruption and in accordance with the company’s processes. You will work closely with the regional project management and the project engineer coordinating the project complementary to the technical knowhow you provide. As a System Engineer you will also have the opportunity to provide pre-sales to accompany a project from the acquisition to the go-live. You will further support R&D and the Solution Architects with your operational competence to specify new system designs and developments.
You will also:
- Targeting in quality, in time and in budget execution
- Follow the DevOps principles, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the dedicated Service Team in cut over post go live
- Document the implementation and design of solutions
- Deliver training for customers on the GATE Solution you delivered
This is a full time position located in Malmö so we expect you to be comfortable commuting here or are open ro relocate.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT or Computer Science related subject
- Ability to travel and work overseas for potentially 30% per year
- Great English proficiency is a must. Any additional language is an asset
- Experience of delivering systems development/integration projects, ideally involving business-critical real-time/on-line systems (minimum 5 years’ experience) or you work in IT-R&D today and look for a role closer to the customer
Good to have:
- Experience of international working
- Foreign Language
- Knowledge or certification on ITIL, DevOps
You have proven experience with:
- Cloud solution, Containerization and/or Kubernetes
- Linux and Windows system (administration level)
- Virtualization (VM or Microsoft)
- RDBMS on administration level
You have knowledge on:
- Networks on administration level (certificate is a plus).
- One programming or scription language with proven project accomplishments
- Active Directory/LDAP knowledge
Good to have:
- Experience with (Azure) DevOps
- Experience with TCP/IP networking
- You have an international, intercultural mindset and experience and love working with, and learning from, colleagues and clients around the globe.
- Aviation is a fast-paced and challenging industry, but you know how to deal with that. You have great time management and organizational skills that allow you to meet customer commitments for large scale projects.
- You are skilled in communicating with people from all walks of life, effortlessly conveying complex information in an understandable manner. In turn, you are able to read between the lines and understand the needs of the customer.
- Strong customer focus
We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible but no later than 2021-10-03, since interviews and candidate selection are done continuously!
For this recruitment assignment, ADB SAFEGATE is in cooperation with Randstad. If you want to know more about the role, please contact Therese Roos at email@example.com
about ADB Safegate Sweden AB.
ADB SAFEGATE is a leading provider of intelligent solutions that deliver superior airport performance from approach to departure. We partner with airports and airlines to analyze their current structures and operations, and jointly identify and solve bottlenecks. Our consultative approach enables airports to improve efficiency, enhance safety and environ - mental sustainability, as well as reduce operational costs. Our portfolio includes solutions and services that harmonize airport performance, tackling every aspect of traffic handling and guidance, from approach, runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems and intelligent gate and docking automation. ADB SAFEGATE has 1000+ employees in more than 20 countries and serves some 4,000+ airports in more than 175 countries. www.adbsafegate.com
Ready for take-off? Check-In now!