Senior Research Scientist: Cellular assay development – for early drug discovery
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with integrity even in difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As a Senior Research Scientist in cellular assay development in Gothenburg, Sweden, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. You will work within Discovery Sciences, part of AstraZeneca’s BioPharmaceuticals organisation, which focuses on scientific advances in drug discovery across therapeutic areas including, respiratory and inflammation (R&I) and cardiovascular and metabolism (CVRM).
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a lab-based scientist to develop state-of-the-art cell-based screening assays. These assays will be used to support discovery of therapeutic oligos in AstraZeneca’s drug discovery pipeline.
To be successful in the role as Senior Research Scientist we believe you are a highly motivated scientist with a passion to make a difference for patients. We see you as a person who enjoys collaboration and team working, who holds networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across interfaces of functions, disciplines, and cultures. This goes hand in hand with strong delivery focus, problem-solving and communication skills.
- PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Cell biology or a related discipline or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Strong experience in cell biology techniques applied to development of physiologically relevant cellular assays
- A practical understanding of a wide range of cellular assay methods and technologies including qPCR and imaging applied to compound profiling and screening
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary research environment
Ability to independently analyse and evaluate complex data and deliver data to agreed timelines
- Expertise in a range of cell biology techniques, including mammalian cell culture, transfection methods and gene expression knock-down (RNAi or other)
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of cellular assays for compound screening and profiling including ASOs, siRNAs or saRNAs
- Experience with automation of cell assays, e.g. work with liquid handlers like Echo, BRAVO, CyBi well or Dragonfly
- Experience with design of experiments and statistical analysis of assay performance
- Track record of identifying and adopting scientific and technical advances
- Excellent problem-solving skills, not limited to own area of expertise
Deadline 2021-10-23, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences specializes in the field of science and is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!