Senior Research Scientist – Stem Cell Biology, Neuroscience
Are you an experienced scientist in the field of pluripotent stem cells (PSC) and neuroscience? Would you like to use your scientific skills to drive the development of stem-cell derived neural models for therapeutic development?
This might be the next challenge for you!
At AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us in the Applied Stem Cell Sciences in Discovery Sciences, Biopharmaceuticals R&D, as a bench-based Research Scientist to be a key player in developing stem cell models for neuroscience applications.
You will be based in Gothenburg Sweden, working alongside our stem cell scientists, disease area specialists and genome editing group. Using your strong knowledge and experience in stem cell biology, cell model development, and primary cell culture you will have the opportunity to work on in vitro assay development for neuroscience applications. This includes culture and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), primary neuronal cultures and carrying out gene editing experiments where necessary.
The role is focused on laboratory-based activities. Your biggest impact will be through significant contributions to the practical delivery to projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility, policies and relevant safety standards.
It is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
Good organizational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. English language is required, both spoken and in writing.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree with significant experience in Neuroscience, Developmental Biology or Cell Biology
- Proven experience with human PSC biology and differentiation to neural cell types
- Experience with primary neuronal cultures
- Experience in developing biochemical and cell-based assays in primary and PSC-derived neurons, introducing agents by viral transduction or transfection.
- Proficiency in cellular and molecular biology techniques, including qPCR, ELISA, Western blotting, Flow cytometry, routine immunofluorescence and IHC staining
- Perform in vitro studies to investigate the effects of CRISPR-based gene editing on gene and protein expression and cellular readouts.
- Effectively collaborate within a matrixed research team to facilitate the success of projects. Maintain complete experimental records.
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing, clonal cell line generation, and NGS library prep
- Expertise with liquid handling automation technologies
- Experience of setting up cell based pharmacological assays
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many activities.
Randstad Life Sciences specializes in the field of science and is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!