In 2021, iZettle became ZettlebyPayPal to go further in its mission to redefine financial freedom and help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. By offering them the tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we are empowering sellers across the globe to reach their full potential. We believe that together we’re made for more and think that the best is yet to come. Our journey in putting an end to ordinary is just starting — Are you with us?
As our quest to democratise financial services continues at blazing speed, Zettle's Identity Area is now on the lookout for an inspiring Backend Engineer. In this role, you will co-tackle a wide range of technical challenges together with a group of passionate groundbreakers driven by the shared ambition to develop hassle-free solutions improving small businesses everyday life.
A Glimpse Of What You Will Get Here
Simply stated, Zettle's Identity Area is at the centre of attention as we are the core of all products and services within the company. Hence, this position is a rare opportunity for one to touch almost all aspects of the product while communicating and collaborating with a wide variety of engineering teams across Zettle.
Your home turf is in the backend while getting involved in all parts of the software engineering including infrastructure, data, QA, deployment, monitoring, architecture, code reviews, and more. In other words, welcome to a team where no day is like any other...
In a nutshell, as part of Identity you will notably:
- Build backend services in Java and Typescript with frameworks such as Dropwizard and Spring Boot.
- Manage integrations using REST, GraphQL and queues
- Work with continuously delivered (CD) systems.
- Handle and evolve large amounts of data in relational and non-relational databases
- Develop services and infrastructure in the AWS public cloudPair/Mob programming.
- Build robust, reliable, and secure systems which are a joy to build and a breeze to run. Our systems need to scale to meet the needs of the ever-growing business.
The Skills & Experience To Succeed
While we will be here to support you, we believe you have:
- Experience in engineering complex, distributed systems.
- A passion for closely working with product and design as well as for solving complex challenges in small, agile and cross-functional teams.
- A proven ability to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders within the business functions and other engineering teams.
- A natural drive for sharing your knowledge, experience and opinions while respecting the necessity to make decisions as a team.
- A constant desire to learn combined with an endless appetite for exploring new things.
- Experience from the Identity domain and/or Fintech is regarded a bonus.
The traits to exceed:
- Strong collaborator and comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Comfortable with interacting with other teams and external partners.
- Keen on understanding the full domain and other platforms which might not be your area of expertise.
- A genuine passion for writing (truly) clean code.
Go on, bring your talent to our attention!
If you're ready to take things further, hit Apply and/or let's talk!
In this recruitment we are collaborating with Randstad Technologies. If you have any questions regarding the process - please contact Recruitment Consultant Francisca Andersson, email@example.com
or Jimmy Mourad, firstname.lastname@example.org
about Zettle by PayPal.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.