Are you driven by overall responsibility for accounting? Are you a self-starter with hands-on mentality? Do you enjoy working in an international environment and have experience with IFRS and local GAAP? Then this is the role for you!
As a Senior Accountant at JFC, you are responsible for the ongoing accounting for the Swedish operations with possibility to grow and also cover the Norwegian operations and for that reason fluency in either Swedish or Norwegian is required. In this role accuracy, collaboration with internal as well as external contacts is key for your success. You will work closely with the General Manager , relieve and support him in all financial reporting. You will be the point of contact for banks, legal advisors, accountants among others, why clear communication in speech and in writing is of great importance. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you are expected to communicate deviations in the budget, ensure that the accuracy and completeness of accounting is complied with, correct potential errors, and assist with financial reports and more. In this role, you have a dotted line to European General Manager Finance in Germany and collaborate with other Finance Managers within the Group. Good communication skills in English is therefore a requirement.
- Prepare and support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Address potential issues with the local management team and ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Prepare financial statements according to local GAAP (once a year) and IFRS (reporting package to Japan on a monthly basis)
- Support tax advisor regarding CIT and Trade Tax calculations
- Prepare annual budget ,forecast and cash flow forecast together with local General Manager
- Review financial statements to identify potential risks and significant deviations from budget. Work with stakeholders to develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with external advisors to ensure full compliance from a local accounting, tax and legal perspective.
- Lead external audits to ensure financial audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Implement and maintain appropriate systems and internal controls.
- Contact person for Bank (forex deals), tax advisers, auditors etc.
- Posting of AP and PO invoices, cash application, GL postings
- Support the General Manager in administrative and HR matters
- 2-5 years’ of accounting experience
- Academic background in economics or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English and Swedish / Norwegian, knowledge of Japanese is a plus
- Good IT skills (Office, accounting software)
- Expertise in technical accounting matters (IFRS, statutory GAAP)
- Expertise in VAT and other regular financial reporting needs (e.g. Intrastat, EC Sales report, etc.)
We believe that the successful candidate has experience working in an international environment with an understanding of international accounting principles. You always meet deadlines, structured and meticulous in your work. You are solution-oriented and have the ability to develop routines for an efficient and waterproof workflow. You are independent and can manage your own work and priorities with decision making abilities and service orientation
If you choose to be part of JFC, you will play a key role for the Swedish and Norwegian operations. You work in an exciting international environment with colleagues from different parts of the world. In a company that places high value on the fine quality of Japanese food, you get to join and put Sweden on the map in a global context where JFC is facing a growth journey. The office is based in Skogås in southern Stockholm with proximity to commuter trains. You will travel to Norway on a regular basis, for the right candidate work location in Norway can be discussed.
We look forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible, please note that selection and interviews are ongoing continuously and the position may be filled before the application deadline. In this recruitment, JFC collaborates with Randstad Finance. For questions, please contact responsible recruitment consultant Daniel Gyllendahl firstname.lastname@example.org
about JFC Norden (Sweden) AB.
After a century of success, JFC is today strategically ready for growth. Every day, JFC supplies a growing range of Asian-European stores, restaurants and major European retailers with our products. Every day, JFC delivers healthy, safe and high quality Asian food products across the continent from strategically deployed distribution centers. Every day, and in every way, JFC breaks new ground.