Are you a champion of Functional Safety and want to work with development of technical solutions for today's and tomorrow's emission-free transports? Do you want to be a part of an innovative and learning organization? Don’t miss this opportunity to be Inmotion’s new Safety Manager, with an important role in electrifying the vehicle industry – for a sustainable future.
Electrification of the transport and industry sectors is crucial for the reduction of CO2 needed to reach our climate goals. Inmotion supports our customers in electrification of buses, trucks, construction equipment and forklift trucks, by developing and manufacturing power electronics for electric and hybrid vehicles. The company is a world-leading supplier and among the customers you’ll find several major manufacturers of commercial vehicles in Europe, as well as worldwide.
The Safety Manager is part of the Systems Engineering team, an experienced team with a lot of expertise. You will be responsible for and lead the functional safety activities throughout the product life cycle. You will have a cross-functional role within the company and work closely with our customers.
The work culture at Inmotion is characterized by innovation, technology and continuous improvement. To enjoy working with us, you should have a genuine interest in technology and enjoy working in a dynamic culture with high ambitions. The right person has great opportunities for professional career development.
We like to turn challenges into opportunities and see things from a new perspective. We will offer an exciting, varied role in a global group that focuses on growth in the dynamic electric vehicle industry.
As Safety Manager at Inmotion you will act as a focal point for effective functional safety management in the company’s products. You will be a speaking partner when discussing functional safety internally during product and concept development, as well as with customers. Examples of responsibilities and essential tasks for the Safety Manager are:
- Identify, plan, coordinate and follow up functional safety related activities needed to fulfill product safety goals and requirements
- Participate in product road mapping and in new product concept development
- Participate in customer projects, e.g perform impact analysis of customer requested functionality and establish Developer Interface Agreement
- Participate in safety related parts of platform product development
- Responsible for functional safety related processes in the Business Management System
- Initiate, establish and maintain safety cases
- Sign-off on safety critical product releases
- Independently review safety related work products
- Keep up to date with trends and best practices for functional safety
- Analysis of safety anomalies, both from internal testing and from customer applications
- Report safety anomalies to management and to customer
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- At least five years of experience working with functional safety standards, processes and best practice in vehicles and machinery, e.g. ISO26262, ISO61508 and ISO13849.
- Experience from development of functional safety components or machinery.
- Experience from product development and project management.
- Experience from working in a customer facing role.
- Interdisciplinary understanding of systems engineering, HW, SW, test and production.
- Full working proficiency in English.
Experience with vehicle drive train controls will be considered a merit.
As a person you are result oriented, fact based and with a sense of urgency. You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate goals and strategies. Cooperation and interaction with other people come naturally to you, and you build good and constructive relations within the company and with the customers. We want you to show enthusiasm and commitment – to be a champion of functional safety.
Application deadline: 2021-09-19 , selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact recruitment consultant Åsa Vallin, Randstad Engineering, +46 733 43 40 45 or email@example.com.
Inmotion has been providing industrial power electronics solutions since the 1960's and electromechanical solutions since the 1940's. Building upon our solutions for various industrial markets, we have been increasingly focusing our effort on products for electric vehicles since the 1990's.
Inmotion launched its first AC inverters for electric forklift trucks in 1996. This was a starting point for the conversion from DC to AC technology for the whole material handling market. We were uniquely placed to lead this conversion with our long experience from AC induction controls, as well as servo systems controls in other applications, including robotics and industrial appliances.
To date we have supplied several million inverters to vehicle customers around the world. With our extensive experience from large scale production of both high and low voltage products for vehicles, spanning from golf carts and forklift trucks to city buses and construction equipment, Inmotion is the natural choice for OEMs looking for a long term supplier of power electronics.