Do you have a background in biochemistry or cell biology, aren’t afraid of trying new paths and doing things differently? Do you also feel passionate about the possibilities of science to change lives? Perfect, your next challenge might be this role at AstraZeneca!
A new position has arisen for a highly motivated (Senior) Research Scientist – Molecular and Cell Biology to join the Cell and Molecular Pharmacology (CMP) team within the Early Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic (CVRM) disease area in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Early CVRM is one of three main therapeutic research areas within AstraZeneca that deliver candidate drugs into late-stage clinical development. The CMP team delivers key data based on histology, imaging, biomarker, FACS and bioassay automation to support projects across the Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism disease areas.
This is a lab-based role, providing dedicated experimental support to our drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality molecular biology data to build a detailed understanding of pharmacological response and mode of action for small molecules, PROTACs and ASOs. The work includes independent planning and execution of experiments, troubleshooting and timely reporting of data according to agreed timelines.
- BSc/MSc degree in Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or a related discipline with significant practical experience.
- Extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques including protein and DNA analysis, Western Blot, qPCR and cell culture. Ideally applied to relevant cellular assays and in vivo samples.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary research environment.
- Independent analysis and evaluation of complex data and delivery of data to agreed timelines.
Desirable Experiences and Abilities:
- Experience in Cardiovascular, Renal and/or Metabolic Diseases.
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of assays for compound profiling.
- Experience working with PROTACs and/or antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) in Mode of Action studies and pharmacological profiling.
- Experience in FACS and flow cytometry.
- Proven ability in providing technical leadership and guidance to others.
- Scientific visibility and leadership through project contributions and external publications.
The successful candidate demonstrates a strong passion for driving scientific questions through experimental work, combined with strong team working ethics. You have good social and communication skills, is collaborative and a strong team player. You should also be able to work independently and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. Excellent English is required, both spoken and written, and good organizational skills are of use.
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2020-06-04, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: contact consultant manager Galia Nyström, email@example.com
or consultant manager Eleonor Ehrman, +46-733434109.
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
Randstad Life Sciences is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!