We are now looking for two Research Assistants to join our client in Stockholm!
As a research assistant you will be responsible for performing the in-situ analysis of biological tissue samples from collaborators and customer projects. You will support all aspects of the process from laboratory work with the tissue sections, to fluorescent microscopy of the tissue samples, and image analysis, to ensure the highest quality of results are reached. This work will be in close collaboration with expert scientists within spatial single cell analysis and gives you the possibility to participate in high profile cutting edge biological and disease-related research projects from Pharma- and academic researchers.
You'll have a proven track-record of using and optimizing/troubleshooting molecular biology protocols, as well as a broad understanding of molecular biology techniques. You will also interact closely with colleagues across various departments in both Stockholm and San Francisco.
What you will be doing:
- Performing the in-situ assay on tissue sections on microscope glass slides
- High throughout fluorescent microscopy imaging of the processed tissue samples, and image data pre-processing
- Participate in troubleshooting of assays and microscope instruments.
- Optimization studies of protocols for specific tissue samples.
- Deliver pre-processed image data to and work closely with computational biologists for image data analysis
- Maintain relevant documentation for record keeping related to the projects
- Recurring QC of reagents and samples may be included
- You will learn all aspects of the technology and the workflow and may participate in some of these aspects, including probe and primer design, image analysis, data analysis, communication with collaborators and customers, presentation of data internally and externally, etc.
This is a temporary position for 6 months with start date as soon as possible.
To be successful, you will need:
- MSc, ore equivalent, in Biomedical sciences / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry, or similar field
- Good wetlab experience with molecular biology techniques, including immune-staining and/or in situ hybridization techniques on cells, preferably tissue sections (FISH, RNAscope, in situ hybridization,...)
- Fluorescent microscopy experience (confocal or standard epi-fluorescence)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Additionally, we’d like to see:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and structure your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Experience with image analysis using relevant SW (e.g. CellProfiler, ImageJ) would be an advantage
Last day of application: 2021-04-30. Please note that selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Isolde Andersson, Isolde.email@example.com
Please note that applications sent through email will not be processed and deleted due to GDPR.
With more than 600 000 employees in 38 countries, Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry and offers staffing, consulting and recruitment solutions in all areas of expertise. We also offer interim management, executive search and outplacement services. We have a large network of clients and candidates, which means that we convey hundreds of jobs within different industries all over Sweden. Our ambition is to be the best employer in the market.
By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technology, we help people and organizations to reach their true potential. We call it Human Forward.