You will be part of Corporate Research in Västerås.
We are the largest research center within ABB with world class expertise and state-of-the-art resources to support innovation in the areas of both power technology and automation. Our multicultural research center consists of approximately 250 scientists from 45 different countries.
As a R&D Scientist at ABB Research Center you will work in a dynamic, motivated and creative team with wide range of experience and competence and access to highly advanced laboratory facilities. Our team is internationally composed and we encourage job rotations as a way of developing competence and to learn how to work in different cultures.Tasks:
Efficiency, robustness and reliability are key factors driving development of electrical machines and drives. As a part of Machines & Drives team at the ABB Corporate Research in Sweden your main tasks will be:
- Theoretical investigation, development and experimental validation of next generation of large AC machines and low-voltage motors.
- Electromagnetic design and finite element analysis of novel machine topologies, advanced loss modeling and performance optimization.
- Drivetrain optimization in applications ranging from general purpose motors and renewable generation to robotics and traction.Requirements:
For you it is important to have a good team of colleagues with whom you can exchange your experiences, innovative ideas and technical problems. You thrive in a position where you can take initiative and push your projects towards success. Working in a timely, well-structured manner is a given to you.
In this position we are looking for candidates with the following requirements:
- You have a PhD degree or several years of relevant work experience in the field of Electrical machines. Your background has provided you with theoretical understanding of electrical machine topologies.
- You shall have a solid background in design, simulation and optimization procedures in Electrical Machines.
- In addition, you have a practical experience in developing the test setups and conducting experiments.
- You are fluent in English.
A prior experience in control of electrical machines and power electronics, as well as experience in project leadership is considered to be a valuable strength.Employer:
ABB Corporate Research, Machines and Drives.Position type:
In this recruitment ABB collaborates with Dfind Science & Engineering. Please apply at www.dfind.se/science-engineering.Last day of application:
Welcome to apply by the 29th of April!
Please note that a completed application must contain:
- Cover letter. Please motivate why you are suited for this role, in the cover letter.
- Degree certificateAdditional information:
Recruiting Manager, Dmitry Svechkarenko, +4621-34 51 73, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anne-Marie Imrell, +46 21-32 30 65. Unionen: Krista Andersson, +46 21- 34 02 85. Ledarna: Lenny Larsson +46 21-32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to recruitment consultant, Katarina Eken +46 72 237 33 87 or email@example.com