As a Production and Assembly Engineer you will be responsible for the assembly process design and development of consumable plastic components as used in medical devices. You will develop assembly methods, equipment, and processes that enable efficient manufacturing for sustainable, large-scale medical device manufacturing.
This is a hands-on position involving process and part characterization, equipment development and engineering support of Production.Your work tasks will more in detail include:
- Support the validation and verification of consumables from the Concept phase through Design and Development and into Production.
- Give component design feedback to the Development team regarding injection molded consumable design.
- Actively sustain and support re-qualifications of existing parts, molds, and equipment throughout a product lifecycle.
- Development of automation projects including user requirements, test plans, prototype material procurement, assembly, testing and final production.
- Create custom fixtures and procedures for testing, inspection, or functional evaluation of consumables parts designs and compliance with specifications or intended use.
- Proactively identify risks in the design of processes, equipment, and methods associated with consumables manufacturing and design quality.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of product development of plastic parts and design and knowledge of tolerances and detail drawings of injection molded plastic details.
- Experience with high speed automation or assembly equipment with a minimum of 4-5 years of direct related experience.
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO, and FDA rules and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in the medical device or automotive field
- Project management experience would be a plus.
- Quality Management System experience preferred.
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting in a high-volume automated manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Swedish
To be successful in your role you need to be self-motivated and an excellent technical problem solver. You are a good collaborator and have excellent communication skills in English and preferably Swedish. Hands on and supervisory experience of automated equipment assembly, electro-mechanical equipment and mechanical prototype fixtures is required. The position also requires interacting with contract manufacturers for outsourced projects.
Cepheid offers a dynamic and technically advanced role where you work with front line automated process systems. In the beginning you will get the opportunity to travel to Sunnyvale and stay there for longer periods. If you also share our core values: The Best Team Wins, Innovation Defines our Future, Customers Talk, We Listen, Kaizen is Our Way of Life and We Compete for Shareholders, you will enjoy working with us.Business:
Full timeLast date of application:
We are assessing applications continuously, so apply as soon as possible. Please send your application in English.For information:
In this recruitment Cepheid is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For questions please contact responsible recruitment consultant Jan Smith 072-515 55 15. Apply via www.dfind.se/science-engineering.Company description:
Cepheid is one of the fastest growing companies in molecular diagnostics. The company's unique diagnostic platform is used throughout the world, making a difference for patients as diagnosis and choice of treatment is facilitated by the test results. Cepheid offers a broad range of diagnostic products in virology, bacteriology and oncology that can meet tomorrow's demands for safe, fast and flexible diagnostic both in Western countries and in countries with limited resources. Globally, the company is represented by its headquarters in Sunnyvale, California, sales and marketing offices in Toulouse, France and technology and chemistry center in Bothell, Washington. Cepheid AB, part of the global Cepheid group, is located in Solna, Sweden and has around two hundred employees, mainly in production, quality control, research and development.