The Test Environment Engineer is working with development and deliveries of test environments for 3G/4G/5G more specifically in the Packet Core domain. The Packet Core consists of multiple products for network elements like SGSN, MME, GGSN, SGW/PGW, Wi-Fi Gateway, PCRF and IP backbone which needs to be combined and set-up to work as a functioning and stable environment. The environments are used by testers/integrators that can verify/validate network functions and characteristic during software development or integration activities.
The daily work includes analysis and implementation of customer requirements, building as well as changing product/network configurations and using system monitoring/troubleshooting tools to give best-in-class support to our users. The work is performed in teams working in agile influenced processes - cross both organizational and geographical borders. The position includes working hands-on with documenting solutions, Linux systems, Openstack and/or VMware clusters, product CLI:s, scripting, protocol analyzers etc. Also automation of IT services is a focus area for this position as Data Centers are becoming the epicenter of our Service Deliveries and the products will be deployed in standardized IT infrastructure complemented with NFVi solutions. Finally, the position requires to engage in how we constantly can improve our services in terms of efficiency, quality and technology.Responsibilities & Tasks:
Describe required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Create cost effective solutions through activities in network design, planning and deployment
- Drives and implements cost effective solutions
- Configure and integrate nodes and solutions into networks (new and existing)
- Maintain a stable environment and optimizes the network as necessary
- Contribute to implement continuous improvements in the organization
- Technical support handling of internal and external customers
- Develop solutions and tools based on technical requirements
Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems or Network Technology.
- The position requires understanding of the fundamentals of IT servers, data communication and IP networks.
- Experience with DNS, Firewall or Radius applications
- Solid knowledge in automation in the form of scripting, using Perl or Python programing.
- Experience from working for a telecom operator, or as a system integrator, or with product verification of any of the above products.
- 2 years of experience working with mobile systems in the areas of Packet Core, Evolved Packet Core, LTE RAN and public Wi-Fi
- 2 years of experience working with integrating and troubleshooting applications installed on virtualization platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V or OpenStack.