Mechanical Engineer looking for new challenges? Don't miss this great opportunity! The StrongPoint team is growing and now you have the possibility to work together with a dedicated team with the leading cash management solution on the market. Together we are stronger!
As a Mechanical Engineer at StrongPoint, you will be a part of a cross-functional development team, working together to build and maintain our product portfolio. You will be responsible for mechanical design throughout the full product development lifecycle and for identifying and producing effective solutions to emerging problems.
The team develops and supports retail solutions in areas as cash management, self-service and goods vending for global markets. The team consists of software, electronics and mechanical engineers, 25 members in total, and are located in the development hubs in Stockholm/Kista and Vilnius.
To succeed in this role you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role in cross-functional project teams.
- Experience of sheet metal design and/or metal parts assembled at production.
- Experience of designing parts for injection moulding.
- Working experience with CAD. We are using Creo and Windchill PDM.
- Solid understanding of mechanics, kinematics, material selection etc.
- Technical writing skills.
- Working proficiency in English. Swedish is a plus.
As a person you have good interpersonal skills, are business minded and professional. You have a strong self-drive and are eager to learn. To be successful you also need to be creative and have an analytical mindset. You have good communication skills and the ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner. You enjoy collaborating together with the team but are also comfortable working by yourself.
As mechanical engineer in our team, you will:
- Be responsible for mechanical design in the development projects
- Consider requirements, quality & reliability targets and cost optimization for new product designs
- Create and maintain CAD models, detailed engineering drawings and material specifications
- Create necessary technical documentation
- Communicate effectively with product manager and suppliers during prototype, pre-launch and early product launch activities
- Plan and coordinate product/equipment development actions
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Provide technical support to supply chain and program management.
Application deadline is 2022-05-29, but selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact Åsa Vallin, recruitment consultant at Randstad Engineering, +46 733 43 40 45 or email@example.com
about StrongPoint AB.
StrongPoint develops, integrates, and sells technology and software solutions for retail and provides maintenance and support services. The company has 15 offices and unites 450 employees in Scandinavia, the Baltics, other parts of Europe and additional destinations around the world. Approximately five million retail customers use StrongPoint retail technology every day. Company's turnover in 2021 was about 111 million EUR.