The Data Center Department in Stockholm is now looking for a Linux Engineer to an international Data Center Hosting Team.
We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. At Vattenfall we also offer staff benefits such as favorable occupational pension agreements, parental leave allowances, flexible working hours and more. Read more about our benefits here: https://careers.vattenfall.com/about-us/compensation-and-benefits/
. Join us – you will play an important part in our international team and we look forward to you sharing and contribute all your knowledge and experience!
Vattenfall IT is the internal IT provider for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service center, providing efficient and reliable IT services and support to the Vattenfall Group. With 1.300 IT Engineers located in Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Germany, Poland and Sweden.
- As a Linux Engineer you will be responsible of troubleshooting problems and incidents
- Develop automation of processes and daily routines and manage internal tools and applications
- Responsible of leading internal assignments, smaller projects, plan, and coordinate activities where you document and report status
- Work security requirements, implement new ones and define new ones and quality topics especially the documentation, CMDB, and SLA costs
- Join early and late shifts as well as be member of 24/7 on-call duty
- Manage and improve internal handbooks and procedures (server deployment, orchestration and decommissioning, daily maintenance)
- Keep (both on-line and on-site) operational communication with customers and suppliers
- A couple of years’ experience daily tasks related to Linux systems; such as troubleshooting solving problem and finding rout cause – between operational and application and being able to take initiative Linux related coordination
- You have good knowledge in RedHat Linux systems on operational level and ability to look for performance and/or stability problems
- You feel familiar with tools and scripting languages and job automation processes as well as DevOps and/or ITIL processes
- Experience in writing documentation and see the value in them and knowledge and a great interest in ITIL processes as well agile way of working
- Very good English skills, both in written and spoken
- Basic Swedish both in written and spoken
- Basic knowledge and interest of Data Center infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network) and DC facility such as cooling, racks etc.
As a person, you are self-going and organized in your work and have strong communicative skills. You are driven by and are open for changes and you feel comfortable in propose them yourself. Furthermore, you are organized in your work and have strong communicative skills.
We look forward to receiving your application with a CV and cover letter in English at the latest March 31th. We will interview continuously and the position may be filled prior to the finale date. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Andrzej Ciupa, tel. +48 32 33 28 560 or Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
about Vattenfall Business Services Nordic AB.
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a roadmap aiming at achieving climate neutrality by one generation.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here: https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our services are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.