We are currently looking for a new team member to join our group of interims at ECDC in Stockholm. You will work as a Junior Scientific Expert at the Disease Programme unit.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
ECDC is using several threat-tracking tools and surveillance tools. At the moment a new system, the ETMS (Event and Threat Management Solution) is in the process to replace the system that is currently in use (EPIS – Epidemic Inteligence Information System). Transfer of the data, in this case especially data on travel-associated Legionnaires‘ disease (TALD) entails cleaning of data, adaptation to the new platform and also adjustment of processes. Work tasks include
- Preparation of datasets and revision of operational processes for the transition of the travel-associated Legionnaires’ (TALD) disease surveillance scheme
- During the transition phase to the new ETMS system support the smooth running of the TALD surveillance scheme
- Supporting the migration of data into ETMS
- Supporting the preparation of specific ETMS training materials for Food and waterborne disease, Legionnaire’s disease and vector-borne diseases
- Participation in user acceptance tests of the new system, participate in the weekly roster of TALD surveillance, support users by answering questions about the system and report and bugs/issues during the initial period
Scope of work.
The assignment will start as soon as possible and is envisioned for an initial 4 months with possibility of extension for another 2 months.
In addition to the above profile specification, these specific competences and experience are required for the current assignment:
- Good knowledge of Excel with an eye for detail
- Experience in data management, or surveillance tools would be an asset
- Some knowledge of TALDs would be an asset;
Language skills are valuable for this position as information can be in a variety of languages (e.g. French, Italian, Spanish, German etc.).
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
Submit your application by 2020-01-26 latest. Selection and interviews will be ongoing. Please use the Europass CV template when applying and include a motivational letter specifying which job specific expertise and personal characteristics the candidate can bring to the job (of maximum 1 page). The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Lisa Nguy, email@example.com
. Please note that we do not accept applications through email due to GDPR.
about European Centre for Disease Preventio....
ECDC is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe's defences against infectious diseases. The core functions cover a wide spectrum of activities: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance.
ECDC disease programmes cover antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections; emerging and vector-borne diseases; food- and waterborne diseases and zoonoses; HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis; influenza and other respiratory viruses; tuberculosis; and vaccine-preventable diseases.