On behalf of our client, ECDC, we are now looking for a new team member to join us in Stockholm. You will work as a Junior Scientific Expert in the Disease Programmes Unit, in the Coronavirus and Influenza group.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
- Provide support to activities in the field of COVID-19 and influenza microbiology
- Participate in ECDC Public health event (PHE response) on COVID-19
- Provide support to scientific advice on COVID-19 and influenza, when needed.
- Support ongoing surveillance tasks and data analyse
This is a temporary assignment, starting as soon as possible with a duration of six months. For the right person there is a good chance to get an extended contract.
In addition to the job description, these specific competences and experience are required for the current assignment:
- Interest, training and preferably experience with respiratory virus microbiology/ laboratory methods
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Very good English language skills
- Scientific writing experience (including reference manager such as EndNote)
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Very good MS office skills
It is a requirement that you are based in Sweden or can relocate here immediately. No remote work is possible for this position.
Last day of application:
2021-12-05.. Please note that selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
Submit your CV in the Europass CV format and include a motivational letter of maximum 1 page explaining which job specific expertise you can bring to the job. Note that selection and interviews will be ongoing.
For more information: Isolde Andersson, Isolde.email@example.com
Please note that applications sent through email will not be processed and deleted due to GDPR.
about European Centre for Disease Preventio....
ECDC is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe's defences against infectious diseases. The core functions cover a wide spectrum of activities: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance.
ECDC disease programmes cover antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections; emerging and vector-borne diseases; food- and waterborne diseases and zoonoses; HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis; influenza and other respiratory viruses; tuberculosis; and vaccine-preventable diseases.