Are you an analytical person and want to develop within controlling? In this Junior Business Controller role you will work in the business controller team and support both local and global functions. If you are an ambitious person with a true desire to grow and develop in finance and business control, this is a great opportunity.
Business Control is a HQ function working closely with business units and functions providing financial support in a wide scope of matters. We now aim to strengthen the organization with a junior controller position focusing on financial controlling. We’re looking for a team-oriented person, with ambitions to develop and for the right person we can offer an interesting job with the possibilities to grow together with the company in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Sobi offers the opportunity to work at an international pharmaceutical company focused on specialty pharmaceuticals meeting the high medical needs of rare disease patients and providing treatment and services to them. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds within research, healthcare, industry and the academic sphere.
The position is based at the Sobi office in Solna, Sweden and will report to the Head of Business Control Sobi.
Close contact with and main support for the commercial business controllers in connection with month-end reporting and analysis and financial planning. Active member of the business control team, participating in Finance related processes and projects. Liaise with other Finance functions, both at HQ and in the countries.
Main job tasks:
• Month-end financial closing activities such as preparing and posting of revenue and cost accruals, account reconciliations
• Calculation of royalty related revenue and cost streams
• Responsible for preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports
• Analysis of financial performance and active participation of in monthly/quarterly insights processes
• Preparations of reports and financial reconciliations relating to various external partner agreements
• Active participation and support in connection with financial planning processes such as quarterly forecasts, annual budget and annual long range plan
• Preparations and submission of data for financial planning processes
• Data analysis and validation in connection with month-end close and financial planning processes
• Expert user in the financial planning system and provide user support and trainings to the organization as needed
A university degree in Finance is required together with 0-5 years of relevant work experience. Experience from business controlling or financial controlling work is valuable but not required. A good understanding of accounting such as accruals, valuation and reporting principles is also considered valuable. You are an advanced user in Excel and have strong communication skills in English and Swedish, oral and written. You are used to work independently, taking full ownership of own responsibility areas.
As a person you are analytical with a structured and detail-focused approach to work. You are a strong team player as there is need to interact with many people across the company and functions. To be successful in the role you need a proactive approach to work with a genuine interest in challenging and developing the ways of working. You also have an interest in and ability to coach people in the organization around financial processes and systems.
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
In this recruitment Sobi is working together with Randstad Finance. Screening and selection will be ongoing but we will start interviewing beginning of August. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.
about Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB.
Sobi is a specialised international biopharmaceutical company transforming the lives of people with rare diseases. We are providing sustainable access to innovative therapies in the areas of haematology, immunology and specialty indications. Today, we employ approximately 1,500 people across Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia. In 2020, our revenue amounted to SEK 15.3 billion. The Sobi share (STO:SOBI) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. You can find more information about Sobi at sobi.com.