We are currently looking for a new team member for our client ECDC in Stockholm. You will work as a Junior Scientific Expert in the Scientific Methods and Standards (SMS) Unit, within the Eurosurveillance Editorial office. Eurosurveillance is the scientific online journal published by ECDC. The junior expert will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
The tasks will include:
- Appraise the quality and suitability of submitted manuscripts.
- Support the Editor-in-Chief with development of journal content.
- Editing (copy editing, proofing) of scientific manuscripts in a
consistent and accurate fashion.
- Collaborate closely with authors and peer- reviewers.
- Support the regular production of the journal based on XML-workflows.
The assignment will start as soon as possible with an initial length of 3 months, with a possibility of further extension of 4 months . At the moment ECDC staff members are still mainly working from home. However, from mid-June onwards it is envisaged that staff will gradually return to the office.
Apart from above profile description, these specific skills are required for the current assignment:
- Background in communicable disease epidemiology, laboratory, biomedical field or related science is a requirement;
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken;
- Proof reading and content editing experience;
- Ability to critically appraise scientific manuscripts
- Quick learner and stress resilient;
- Computer literacy;
- Balanced decision making and ability to take initiative.
- Having worked for a scientific journal and with XML workflows.
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
Selection and interviews will be held continuously due to the urgency of filling this position and the position might be filled before last application date of the ad. Therefore, submit your application as soon as possible, and include a CV using the Europass template, and also include a motivational letter explaining which job specific expertise you can bring to the job. Note that selection and interviews will be ongoing.
For more information: Lisa Nguy, firstname.lastname@example.org
please note that applications sent through email will not be processed and deleted due to GDPR.
ECDC is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe's defences against infectious diseases. The core functions cover a wide spectrum of activities: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance .
ECDC disease programmes cover antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections; emerging and vector-borne diseases; food- and waterborne diseases and zoonoses; HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis; influenza and other respiratory viruses; tuberculosis; and vaccine-preventable diseases.