In 2021, iZettle became ZettlebyPayPal to go further in its mission to redefine financial freedom and help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. By offering them the tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we are empowering sellers across the globe to reach their full potential. We believe that together we’re made for more and think that the best is yet to come. Our journey in putting an end to ordinary is just starting — Are you with us?
As our quest to democratise financial services continues at blazing speed, we are looking for a Senior Web Developer with a Full-Stack mindset and a great deal of experience in Agile to join our Verification Area .
In this role, you will co-tackle a wide range of technical challenges together with a group of passionate groundbreakers driven by the shared ambition to develop hassle-free solutions improving small business owners everyday lives.
A Glimpse Of What You Will Get Here
Part of our Seller Lifecycle Alliance, the core mission of our Verification Area consists in enabling our new sellers to smoothly be up and running and help them to start selling and getting paid without a hitch.
To make the magic happen, we rely on talented and diverse cross-functional teams creating hassle-free solutions helping millions of businesses across the world. In other words, you will collaborate with a wide variety of Zettlers including developers, designers, product managers, and agile coaches in order to create a stellar user experience for our sellers.
Last but not least, our tech stack spans across all the layers, notably involving Java / Kotlin microservices, Web applications built with React and TypeScript, as well as iOS and Android for the app development.
A Glimpse Of What You Will Be Doing Here
In this role, you will be working on a fundamental step of the onboarding process which aims to provide a great experience while collecting and verifying our merchants' business details in all markets.
The team has the freedom to choose the tooling and the architecture as they see fit, at the same time being able to work on or consume other components from our library and tokens from our design system. We consider this position as a match for a versatile developer interested in tackling all sort of challenges together with talented peers, running experiments and consistently learning about design, technology and processes.
Icing on the cake, at Zettle you will have plenty of opportunities to co-elaborate with other teams and developers across the whole Web chapter, by the means of code reviews, mob programming, or bouncing ideas.
The skills to succeed:
- Modern FE frameworks and libraries like React, VueJS, Angular and Svelte (FYI, we use React).
- Hands-on experience with testing and test automation (e.g., unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, etc).
- Experience with Git and repo hosting services such as GitHub.
- Basic knowledge about security on the Web (i.e., OWASP, CSP, CORS, OAuth).
The traits to exceed:
- Strong collaborator and comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Comfortable with interacting with other teams and external partners.
- Keen on understanding the full domain and other platforms which might not be your area of expertise.
- A genuine passion for writing (truly) clean code.
Earn extra point with:
- Modern CSS tools like Styled Components and SASS.
- Testing frameworks (Jest, TestCafe, Cypress etc.).
- Linters and formatters (like ESLint and Prettier).
- Familiarity with the NodeJS ecosystem, npm, Yarn, Express.js.
- Functional programming (FYI, we use Ramda).
- CI/CD tools like CircleCI.
- API design.
- General understanding of AWS and Terraform.
- Ruby (FYI, we’re moving away from it).
Go on, bring your talent to our attention!
If you're ready to take things further, hit Apply and/or let's talk!
In this recruitment we are collaborating with Randstad Technologies. If you have any questions regarding the process - please contact Recruitment Consultant Francisca Andersson, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Jimmy Mourad, email@example.com
about Zettle by Paypal.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.