Randstad använder cookies för att du ska kunna använda Randstads hemsidor på bästa sätt. Klicka här för mer information om Randstads riktlinjer för cookies och hur du kan förhindra lagring och hämtning av cookies. Genom att fortsätta använda hemsidan visar du att du godkänner Randstads användning av cookies.
BeskrivningCLX Communications is the world’s largest mobile transaction network. Our mission is to simplify global cloud communications from our unique position serving both the enterprise and mobile operator sides of the value chain. They recently won “Company of the year” at the Swedish Mobile Awards 2017. CLX Communications is on an exciting journey and they are now looking for a Director Engineering to their Swedish software engineering teams in Lund and Kalmar.
Your work assignments
As Director Engineering you will be expected to lead and manage the teams that are responsible for the design, implementation, quality assurance and continuous deployment of our application-to-person messaging API platform, internal support systems as well as customer facing web applications.
You will report to our VP Engineering and work side by side with our Senior Technical Architect and Team Leads to plan and deliver new products as well as enhancements to existing ones. You will own the when and who whereas the how is owned by our Technical Architects and teams, of course working together as those things are often interdependent.
The team consists of 35 software engineers, DevOps engineers and test engineers. Your focus will be to drive improvements in predictability of deliverables, quality improvements and efficiency. We think this is done by combining agile development methods and software engineering best practices.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive a culture of high quality software, on time delivery and innovation
- Foster a culture of using best practices for software engineering, from requirements engineering to continuous deployment
- Support and participate in team’s effort in analysis of requirements and design of solutions
- Coordinate and clarify business requirements with the broader organization
- Keep management apprised of development progress, risks, corrective actions and recommended changes to execution tactics
- Lead Root Cause Analysis work and ensure corrective actions are systematically implemented
- Manage budget, recruitment, sub-contracting, salary reviews, vacations etc.
We are looking for an experienced senior manager with a software engineering background that includes a solid track record of implementing best practises in the software engineering and management field while delivering new exciting new features.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Exam in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent background
- At least 10 years’ experience from leading roles in successful software engineering organizations and projects
- Solid understanding of current best practices in software engineering field, from requirements engineering to continuous deployment
- Detailed understanding of large scale transactional systems design
- Solid understanding in how software services are sold, supported and maintained
- Detailed understanding in Agile and Scrum process
- Perceived as a senior leader within software engineering and delivery practices across internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivation to analyze and initiate changes and improvements to operational capabilities
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability and takes actions to solve challenges and issues
- Engage naturally with engineers to truly understand project challenges and options
- Excellent communication skills in English - both verbal and written
- Independent thinker combined with integrity to challenge mainstream and default solutions
- Administrative skills and persistence needed to drive and follow through on improvements
- Great attention to detail and quality, ability to convey the urgency of this
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to address complex business issues
Working at CLX requires a hearty mix of hard work, professionalism, honesty, coffee, passion and fun!
CLX Communications connects developers and enterprises to people and things, making it easy for them to embed global communications, including voice, sms and data into their apps, business processes and IOT devices. Our world class communications platform-as-a-service (CPaaS) processes more than 1 billion API calls per month and combines programmable API’s, cloud computing with our unparalleled Tier 1 Super Network to deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry.
CLX Communications (AB) is listed on the Nasdaq in Stockholm.
Contact and Application
This recruitment is being conducted in collaboration with Dfind IT. If you have any questions please contact Recruitment Consultant Anna Nydahl firstname.lastname@example.org, +46733-573601. Please apply via our online recruitment system at http://www.dfind.se/it/
Uppdragsgivare: CLX Communications
Tillträde: Q1 2018