AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.The ArenaThe Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Diagnostic Project Manager will be accountable for the effective project management of a prioritised portfolio of diagnostic projects wihtin a Franchise (i.e. programme level), and will work across several cross-functional diagnostic project/ programme teams to ensure diagnostics are delivered within agreed time, budget and quality. To achieve this, the Diagnostic Project Manager will ensure best practice and consistent ways of working (as a key member of the Precision Medicine Project Management Centre of Excellence), and provide hands on project management.
The role depends on close collaboration with Diagnostic Franchise Leads, Diagnostic Team Leads and their respective diagnostic project teams - to implement the diagnostic strategy, with external diagnostic partners - to drive the delivery of the diagnostic, and with members of the Project Management team (Associate Diagnostic Project Managers, Project Specialists & Information Managers) who will work alongside you. You will be a key member of the Precision Medicine Project Management Centre of Excellence.
You will also be responsible for Franchise level project reporting, and will ensure that that the diagnostic project information (milestones, activities, resource and budget) is accurate within AZ’s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT, Planisware), to inform enterprise level strategic planning and resource prioritisation.
- Accountable for the effective diagnostic project management within a Franchise
- Hands on project management of multiple complex projects to deliver to time, cost and quality
- Accountable for ensuring diagnostic project information and costs, across the Franchise, are accurate within AZ’s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT, Planisware)
- Accountable for ensuring efficient operational running of Diagnostic Project Team meetings e.g. ensuring: prioritised agenda, strong facilitation to drive decision making, action management
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
- Professional project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- Expert understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Extensive experience in scientific project management within a pharmaceutical or clinical background
- Thorough knowledge of drug and/or diagnostic development processes
- Experience of global team-working and effectively communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- High-level understanding and interest in Precision Medicine
- Expert reputation within the business and industry
- Experience of using PLANIT (Planisware)
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2010-10-15, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Kerstin Karlsson email@example.com or Birgitta Nyström firstname.lastname@example.org.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
With more than 600 000 employees in 38 countries, Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry and offers staffing, consulting and recruitment solutions in all areas of expertise. We also offer interim management, executive search and outplacement services. We have a large network of clients and candidates, which means that we convey hundreds of jobs within different industries all over Sweden. Our ambition is to be the best employer in the market.
By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technology, we help people and organizations to reach their true potential. We call it Human Forward.