Cardiovascular Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) Research – Metabolism In Vitro Team - Gothenburg
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential.
The AstraZeneca CVRM Research group in Gothenburg is seeking to recruit a high calibre scientist to enable progression of a growing drug project portfolio. Highly motivated scientists are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to join our team of professionals who are passionate about advancing science, to discover and develop novel therapeutics that will benefit patients.
You will play an active role in implementing and executing scientific research and development within the CVRM Metabolism in vitro team, enabling the prosecution of a rapidly growing portfolio of small molecule and biologics drug projects. This is a "hands-on," laboratory based scientific and technical role in our in vitro metabolism team supporting projects from target validation to lead optimisation phases.
This position will be laboratory based and you will be responsible for several technical and experimental processes to support the CVRM Research group.
- Responsibility for design, execution and analysis of in vitro and ex vivo assays.
- Predominantly functional and cellular screens supporting Target Validation, Lead Isolation and Lead Optimisation for the CVRM Research Area.
- Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations to colleagues, line manager and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform extended and specialized characterization when required for projects.
- Record experiments in lab books and databases.
- Play a leading role in assay development and optimization of disease relevant primary and transfected cell assays.
- You would report to an expert member of staff and would be encouraged to be able to plan your daily work within direction set by your supervisor.
- Be asked to provide interpretation of assay results
- Work within a line and/or matrix/project team.
- Demonstrates scientific rigor in assessing own data and that of others.
- Be a "hands-on" expert with in vitro models and methodologies.
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work, scientific curiosity
- Experience in running in vitro biochemical and cellular assays to provide potency and activity readouts, including use of primary and recombinant cell lines.
- Significant cell culture experience.
- Experience of working with medium to high density microtitre plate technologies
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of working in accordance with established SOPs and codes of conduct.
- Capability to work seamlessly with cross-functional project teams to provide high quality data in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable ability to work within a line and/or matrix/ cross-functional project team.
- Strong interest in providing materials and data for scientifically challenging work
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable analytical ability
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Background in metabolic disease research areas.
- Experience of working with disease relevant primary cell assays associated with one or more of the following disease areas: diabetes, obesity, NASH or dyslipidaemia.
- Experience of use of robotics for assays and /or sample handling.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Hard working, organized, balanced and meticulous with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Adaptable and a team player with a conscientious attitude and enthusiasm.
- Desire to learn and build on the role
Degree in one of the Life Sciences disciplines and equivalent post-graduate or industry experience.
Deadline 2021-10-17, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences specializes in the field of science and is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!