This role is to lead one of the shifts within the AZ Sweden Covid-19 Assessment Laboratory, responsible for COVID-19 screening of AstraZeneca employees. Staff within this laboratory will be expected to work a shift pattern to enable 14 hours a day operation across 5 days a week – Tuesday to Saturday. Shift hours for this role will primarily be from 7am-4pm, and occasionally 12pm-9pm. Please only apply for this role if you are satisfied you can accommodate these working hours. This is a consulting assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
The COVID-19 Laboratory Lead will be responsible for the day to day running of the COVID-19 screening operation, and will report to the Swedish Covid-19 Assessment Laboratory Head. The shift period overlaps with the shift pattern of other appointed lab lead(s).
As a Laboratory Lead you will ensure team delivery of service in line with the predefined standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ISO 17025 accreditation. You will be responsible for the planning of staff daily activities, maximizing the deployment of available people and equipment resources. You will ensure both laboratory staff and data analysis staff have the information they need to perform their work by holding regular team meetings/1:1s and ad hoc discussions. You are expected to actively work in the lab as a part of the team, thereby gaining insight of everyday challenges whilst supporting the team with decision making.
- Excellent communication skills
- That you enjoy working with people in an agile environment
- Onboarding and training new staff
- Experience in planning lab work, working to SOPs and local and national regulations
- Previous team leader experience is desirable
- Work in BSL1 and BSL2 lab with previous experience of aseptic technique preferred
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised
- Work with infectious samples, ideally experience that may contain SARS-Cov-2 would be desirable
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples, strictly adhering to SOPs
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team
- Experience with RT-PCR data analysis would be desirable
- Experience of liquid handling automation would be desirable
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2021-06-17, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
Randstad Life Sciences is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!