Are you an experienced constructor? Do you want to work with design, development, construction, testing and validation of changes regarding the company’s standard range of products, in order to support customization requests from customers? If so, this job can be a great opportunity for you! For the right candidate there might be a possibility to be recruited by the company after a certain period of time.Job description
- Cost effective development of the customization of mechanical parts of the product range to ensure the adaptation fits the customer required specification
- Translation of customer request to a set of design specifications
- Use of 3D CAD software and calculation software to design changes and perform risk assessment of the parts to be developed
- Provide proper technical documentation that will be used on company website, brochures, datasheets and manuals
- Work with the test engineer to prepare test programms and then supervise delivery with appropriate evaluation of data.
- Prepare and safeguard planning of activities. Report deviations from planning in both time and cost to Group OEM engineering manager.
- Provide creative and engineering input for the NPD process to ensure the company remains seen as market leader
- Ensure a proper workplace is maintained in accordance with GEM principles
- Have knowledge of all relevant policies and regulations required from Group, ISO systems, EHS and other engineering standards and be able to implement them during engineering design changes
- Maintain technical files in accordance with the above regulatory standards where required.
- Have regular contacts to suppliers of goods and services to ensure we remain updated on newest technologies applicable for the engineering task at hand
- Have regular contacts with group OEM engineering manager to ensure proper exchange of information on current and future projects, priorities and workload
- Integrate with all relevant company forms of communication and meetings, share relevant progress on projects to keep people informed and departments aligned in expectations.
- Responsible for the correct control and revision of all drawing by means of ensuring all changes are logged through the Windchill application software. (product data management).
- Report progress on projects to group OEM engineering manager in a clear and agreed manner.
Complexity of the function:
- Support OEM engineering team with all relevant activities needed to deliver a commercially interesting solution to an end customer
- Support Complaints Engineer with technical evaluation of a complaint where required.
- Support Non Conformity Root Cause investigations to mitigate recurrence of Non Conformity.
- Support Supply Chain department with relevant product spec’s in order to check and assure the quality of the goods delivered.
- Support Supply Chain Department and Quality manager with technical analysis in situations of non-conformity deliveries and or Supplier selection
The function is aimed at the development, design and construction of modifications to OEM pumps and accessories. Ensures cost-conscious development and construction of the mechanical pars of the pumps (and possibly their drive), on the basis of information obtained about product use, requirements and conditions. Accuracy is required when engineering, constructing, calculating and identifying risks.
Time pressure arises as a result of the need to prioritise between deadlines for multiple projects. Deadlines are often set by customer need.
The level of work and thinking is equal to BSc Mechanical Engineering, supplemented by thorough product and range knowledge, design for manufacture and assembly, technical requirements, specifications, pricing and pricing policy. Knowledge of design techniques (FMEA, value engineering, design for assembly), design systems (3D CAD and FEM), product data management, product configurations, company resources, applicable guidelines, standards and procedures are important. Knowledge of English will be required for reporting and communications inside and outside the factory.Independence of the function
The timing of activities is bound to the project planning and the milestones that result from it. Is able to prioritize within these frameworks. The approach of the work is bound to the wishes and requirements of the (internal or external) customer and applicable methods and techniques for the engineering process. Inventiveness is important for finding the optimal solution for the customer.
The supervision is indirect and takes place through consultation moments. The choices to be made are operational and tactical in nature and relate to the progress and quality of the own work and the work of others. The decisions relate to the progress and the quality of the work to be delivered.
Has internal contact with colleagues within the company and with the OEM engineering manager, aimed at discussing ambiguities, coordinating project-specific issues and solving problems. In addition, has contacts outside its own department (Purchasing, Sales, Production and Assembly), aimed at finding the customer needs, causes for product failure and obtaining the necessary materials. These contacts are important for the progress of own work and that of others.Associated Risks
Has external contact with suppliers, focused on providing appropriate technical specifications in support of Purchasing dept. when setting up supply chain agreements. Maintain relationships with suppliers to gather knowledge about new techniques, technologies and products. These contacts are important for the progress of the projects and the achievement of the highest possible customer satisfaction.
Faults and inaccuracies in work can lead to design errors or delays in projects, resulting in financial damage and image damage. The chance of timely detection and rectification of errors is mainly based on self-control and control by the OEM engineering manager. Discretion is required with regard to competition-sensitive product information.Physical Aspects
The work is carried out in office conditions. The work is mainly performed whilst sitting. Works more hours behind a screen throughout the day.
As a consultant at Randstad you are employed by us and work at one of our customer’s. You have the same benefits as regular employers with collective union agreements and benefits such as healthcare, occupational health insurance, insurance and discount on gym memberships. In addition to that, we also offer a variety of career opportunities, you meet different corporate cultures and gain experience from different industries, which means that you develop your skills and get a well-stocked resume. If you are looking for an employer that offers varying assignments and many new contacts, you will be pleased with us.
It is important for us to make use of all skills in the labor market. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.About Randstad
With over 600,000 employees in about 40 countries, Randstad is one of the world's largest recruiting and manpower companies. We aim to contribute to a better labor market. We do this by finding the right match between companies and jobseekers. That way, we help companies grow and become more successful and we help job seekers to find the right job and reach their dreams.Deadline for application
: 2019-03-31, selection and interviews will take place continuously. The position may be filled before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.Information:
Adam Bernhoff, email@example.com