Clinical Supply Program Lead
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Supply Chain? Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Supply Program Lead, depending on your background and experience. This could be an opportunity for development to join our team!
The Clinical Supply Program Lead is a key role accountable for the end to end clinical supply chain of a global programme of products. You will have a specific responsibility for the long-term strategy and will be a strong influencer in its design.
Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) are the bridge which turns forward-thinking science into actual medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, crafting and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
As a key partner working across different organisations, you will represent Clinical Supply & Operations in PT&D and Global project teams, as well as leading a matrix multi-functional team to drive strategy and to manage supply chain performance through key performance indicators.
- Be responsible for the development and performance of clinical supply chains owning the E2E supply of products in the development portfolio
- Lead the Supply Chain Team (SCT) which is accountable for developing and maintaining the supply plan for the project
- Work in conjunction with the Supply Chain Planner to balance short to mid-term Supply and Demand, Inventory Management and input into D&OP Process
- Establish development projects to ensure the delivery of the supply of materials, moving from development sources to commercial sources of manufacture
- Understand GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and the impact it has on supply chain activities
- Monitor the performance of the Supply Chain and optimize for higher volume phases of the project, balancing speed, quality and cost with respect to the agreed level of risk
- Be accountable for a significant budget for supply activities and materials for a project
- Ensure timely delivery of information to meet internal and external regulatory and legal requirements
- Manage change in demand and supply, resolve issues, advancing when appropriate
Essential for the role
- Extensive experience of working in supply chains
- Significant experience of business relationship management
- Capability in partnering, influencing and optimising customer requirements
- Knowledge of Clinical Supply Chains, drug development process and GMP standards
- Awareness of GXP Standards within a Clinical environment
- Demand Management and forecasting experience
- Strong Project Management, change management and risk management capability
Desirable for the role
- Proven technical skills and mindset in supply chain management including demand management, supply chain design, optimisation and delivery
- Consistent track record of leading global cross functional teams
- Good influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills, including across functional, geographical and cultural boundaries
- Solid understanding of the Clinical Trial Directive and global regulatory environment impacting the provision of investigational products
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Welcome with your application!
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Deadline 2021-12-01, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!
about Randstad Life Sciences.
Randstad Life Sciences specializes in the field of science and is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!