Attana was founded in 2002 on the principle of characterizing molecular interactions exactly as they occur in the human body. Since then, we have developed proprietary label-free biosensor instruments for biochemical, crude, sera, and cell-based assays and the Attana Virus Analytics (AVA) platform – a proprietary in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) tool.
Our instruments are optimized for real-time analysis of crude samples and serum to provide biologically relevant information for more accurate diagnostics and improved efficiency and performance of the pharmaceutical drug development process. Our instruments can determine specificity, kinetics and affinity, among other binding characteristics of biomolecules and macrostructures of varying species such as cells, antibodies, proteins, viruses and bacteria. Our team of highly skilled and experienced application specialists, also routinely perform contract research for both industrial and academic customers.
Attana is looking to hire an Application Specialist to join their team of experts. In this role, you work together with Attanas customers helping them experience the full potential of Attanas instruments versatility and precision. More specifically, you will engage in our customers’ method development, protocol implementation, conducting the actual testing / analysis, gathering test-results, report/result writing and presentation of results. On occasions tasks may also include application support at our customer –site including product demonstrations, application support, seminars and new application development.
For this role, we are looking for candidates with a scientific background and detailed technical knowledge of protein interaction analysis. Previous experience of cell culture (both primary cells and cell-lines) is advantageous as well as in-depth technical knowledge of technique such as Surface Plasmon Resonance and Biosensor applications.
- You have a BSc, MSc or PhD in a life science related discipline. Previous commercial experience is desirable but not required.
- Experience of laboratory work especially focused on cell culture and protein interaction analysis / assays.
- Experience in protocol and method development; trouble shooting protocol and optimization of protocol conditions.
- Experience is presenting laboratory results both written and verbally.
- Great communication and social skills. You are an effective listener, and seeks first to understand before providing a solution.
- You have project management skills and plan your work efficiently.
- You have a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and are customer focused.
In this recruitment, Attana is collaborating with Randstad Science & Engineering. For questions regarding this role, please contact recruitment consultant Peter Janson, firstname.lastname@example.org
+46766287150. Please send your application online as soon as possible, and no later than March 7th.
about Attana AB.
We provide the life science community with world-class instruments and services delivering more relevant information and improved insights from bioanalysis. With HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, and a research lab in London, UK, we develop and sell our proprietary products and services to Big Pharma, biotech companies and academic institutions within life science.