Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 360 million average monthly active users. Building on over 20 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions. Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, Sweden, China, Estonia, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.
Opera Sweden is looking for an Android developer to our new Cryptocurrency team.
We are the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As an Android developer in our cryptocurrency team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and helping make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team of developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people . We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
Although this is a front-end position, you need to have a strong interest in (and ideally experience with) blockchain, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin. In this role you will implement and maintain features for our crypto wallet. This means being responsible for:
- Building pixel-perfect front-ends from design and interaction mockups
- Taking part in our design and architecture discussions
- Interacting with our UX design team
- Reviewing the client code of other developers
- Integrating back- and front-end components
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies
- A flexible work environment
- Great company benefits
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in developing Android applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- CI/CD principles
- Version control using git
- Engineering knowledge: your code should be well structured and comprehensible by other humans, not just computers
An ideal candidate has:
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Strong knowledge about web technologies
- Experience of developing features for a mass-market consumer product
In this process Opera cooperates with Randstad Technologies. For further information about the company and the position, please contact Sebastian Dejler at firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or +46 725 29 06 05.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be processed on a continuous basis so we look forward to your application as soon as possible.
We built Opera by bringing together exceptional international teams of developers, coders, researchers, marketeers and support, who are all compelled to build the best online experience on any device, and to build an audience of empowered, enthralled users worldwide. We’re leveraging 25 years of blood, sweat, and product releases at the forefront of building browsers for more than 360 million engaged users.